Inaugural Report Analyzes Real Data Generated by Twitter Grader
- HubSpot today released the first "State of the Twittersphere" report for Q4 2008. The report is a comprehensive analysis of Twitter trends based on real data pulled from hundreds of thousands of Twitter profiles accessed through the reports generated by HubSpot's Twitter Grader.
- Specifically, the report analyzes data regarding Twitter user and traffic growth, twitter user base statistics, tweet statistics, statistics on followers and following, and geographic information.
- The following are a few key findings from the report
- Twitter is dominated by newer users - 70 percent of Twitter
users joined in 2008
- An estimated five to ten thousand new accounts are opened
- Thirty-five percent of Twitter users have ten or fewer followers
- Nine percent of Twitter users follow no one at all
- There is a strong correlation between the number of followers
you have and the number of people you follow
- HubSpot's State of the Twittersphere report is inspired by Technorati's State of the Blogosphere 2008, which reviewed survey data taken from a few hundred bloggers.
- The full State of the Twittersphere report, in PDF format, is available for download on HubSpot's Internet Marketing Blog. Readers are encouraged to leave their feedback in the comments section of the State of the Twittersphere blog article.
Links for more information:
Quote, Attributable to Mike Volpe, VP Marketing, HubSpot
"We've received so much positive feedback about HubSpot's Twitter Grader, it was only fair to share with marketers and the Twitter community the wealth of information we've accumulated on our end. Although it's only our first report, the State of the Twittersphere highlights some interesting tidbits. We look forward to generating these reports on a quarterly basis and analyzing the changes that make the Twittersphere tick."
HubSpot is an inbound marketing system that helps your company get found online, generate more inbound leads and convert a higher percentage of them into paying customers. HubSpot helps companies get found by more prospects using search engine optimization and marketing, leveraging blogs and the blogosphere and engaging in online social media. By using landing pages, lead intelligence and marketing analytics, HubSpot customers convert more prospects into leads and paying customers. Based in Cambridge, MA, HubSpot can be found at http://www.hubspot.com.