Did you know that inbound marketing results in a 50% lower cost per lead? This piece of data, along with more quick facts about the evolving universe of marketing, make up this new HubSpot video.
In an effort to highlight the contrast between old outbound marketing approaches and new inbound marketing techniques, HubSpot has put together this fact-based video, which pieces together a variety of statistics that illustrate the key differences between the two types of marketing. Most importantly, the video stresses the idea that outbound strategies become increasingly ineffective in the world of digital technologies and enhanced communication channels.
We drew the featured stats from a range of reputable sources, including the 2008 Cone Business in Social Media Study and HubSpot’s own inbound marketing reports. Here are some of the video's key elements:
Why Outbound Marketing Has Become Ineffective
- 44% of junk mail is discarded without being opened. (Tweet this.)
- 72% of Americans are on the national "Do Not Call" list. (Tweet this.)
- The price to connect with a trade show visitor has almost doubled in the last 10 years. (Tweet this.)
- Paid newspaper circulation has decreased by half since the 1960s. (Tweet this.)
Why Inbound Marketing Is "In"
- Facebook’s 500M users make up a population as big as the third largest world country. (Tweet this.)
- Companies that blog get 55% more website traffic. (Tweet this.)
- 93% of Americans want companies to be in social media. (Tweet this.)
- Companies that excel at lead nurturing get 50% more sales-ready leads. (Tweet this.)
What thoughts did the video invoke in you? Share your opinions in the comments section below!
Listen to Mike Volpe, VP of Marketing at HubSpot, for a 30 minute overview of the 2010 State of Inbound Marketing!
Download the free webinar now to learn how more than 230 professionals have been using inbound marketing to transform their businesses.