Views in HubSpot CRM are your best way to get a quick glance at a set of contacts, companies, or deals. They help you organize and prioritize your process.
Today, views are getting an overhaul, with a goal of making them easier to manage and navigate, cleaner to create, and more flexible to share. Here’s the quick rundown:
- Views in HubSpot CRM are now called saved filters.
- Saved filters are now accessed via a full-screen management area, rather than a small sidebar dropdown.
- You can now favorite up to five saved filters, which will remain pinned to the left-hand sidebar.
- Creating a saved filter is now much more spacious. In addition, the five properties you use the most are now surfaced front-and-center when creating a saved filter.
- Saved filters can now be shared with a single team. Previously, they could only be private or shared with all.
- And finally, for the first time, saved filters are available in HubSpot Marketing, in addition to HubSpot CRM.
1. Views in HubSpot CRM are now called saved filters.You’ll see this reflected in the app, in help documentation, and across all other HubSpot properties once the product changes are pushed live to all.
Easier Management & Navigation
2. Saved filters are now accessed via a full-screen management area, rather than a small sidebar dropdown. It’s easier to see, easier to read, and lets users take action on the saved filter (clone, export, etc.) in fewer clicks.
To get to the new full-screen management area, click “All Saved Filters” from the contacts, companies, or deals homescreens.
3. You can now favorite up to five saved filters, which will remain pinned to the left-hand sidebar. Why the addition? You've given us lots of awesome feedback, and, in general, you've told us that you consistently return to a small set of saved filters. So, rather than having to search, type, and scroll to find the same filters every time, you can now choose a set of favorites, and access them quickly and easily from the sidebar.
Note that the favorites are at the user level, so each user can maintain a different set.
To set a saved filter as a favorite, simply click "Add to Favorites" in the options dropdown menu for that filter.
4. Creating a saved filter is now much more spacious. In addition, the five properties you use the most are now surfaced front-and-center when creating a saved filter. Why does that matter? In the same vein as favoriting saved filters (above), your feedback over time has consistently been that, when creating a saved filter, you use the same small set of properties again and again. Why should you have to scroll and search to find the properties you use most often? Now, your most commonly used properties have their own section, set apart from the rest.
More flexible sharing
5. Saved filters can now be shared with a single team. Previously, they could only be private or shared with all.
Saved filters in HubSpot Marketing
Saved filters will be available to all HubSpot CRM and HubSpot Marketing portals. That’s right. For the first time ever, HubSpot Marketing portals will have access to saved filter functionality.
If you use HubSpot Marketing and aren't familiar with saved filters, here's what you need to know:
Saved filters are a quick way to see a set of records that meet a certain criteria. You've always been able to add quick filters to the contacts, companies, and deals homescreens; now, you can simply save those filters, if you'd like to check back on them over time.
A common question that often comes up: what's the difference between a saved filter and a list? If you need to answer a quick question about a set of records, create a saved filter. No need to click over to the lists tool, build your list, and wait for it to load. If you're actually looking to take a marketing action on a set of records --- send an email, trigger a workflow, build smart content, etc. --- a list is your best bet.