Although you could write your content directly into the blog tool, we know that many of you choose to draft your content in Google Docs, then pull it into HubSpot when you're ready. When you do this, the experience should be quick & easy, and the blog post should look the same in HubSpot as it did in your Google Doc.
That's why we've recently revamped the Google Doc importer. The new importer lets you bring your content and formatting over from Google Docs directly into the blog tool's inline editor mode -- without having to first enter draft mode. The blog tool now also supports a number of styles and formatting options that can be brought over from Google Docs through import, meaning you no longer have to format all of your content twice. And if you want to simply copy and paste your content from Google Docs into HubSpot, the blog tool will still maintain your formatting.
Here's how it works.
Navigate to the blog tool, and click to create a new blog post, then start your blog post in “inline edit mode”. When you click into the blog post area, select “Advanced” > “Import Google Doc” in the rich text tool bar. From there, you can either paste a sharing link or choose to browse your Google Drive for the doc you’re looking for.
When importing or pasting a Google Doc, we support the following formats and styles:
- Bold, Italic, Underline
- Strikethrough, subscript, superscript
- Text color, text highlight color
- Line spacing
- Font family
- Centered text and horizontally ruled text
- Horizontal lines
- Bulleted lists, including bulleted lists with nested bullets
- Tables, including merged cells and colored borders
- Indenting can only be applied to paragraphs
- Styles on the bullet, or special bullet symbols (like arrows, stars or diamonds)
- Page or section breaks
- Table border styling when there is a mix of border styles
This update is now available for all CMS Hub Professional & Enterprise customers, as well as all Marketing Hub Professional & Enterprise customers.