The contact record in HubSpot is the central hub for information on the people in your database. It stores interactions, engagements, and property information in a single integrated record.
For over a year, the HubSpot product team has been hard at work designing and testing a new look for the contact record that’s cleaner and more modern, while continuing to provide the same great functionality that you’re used to — and more.
We're excited to announce that, on January 4th, all HubSpot customers will move over to the new design.
Some of our favorite aspects of the new design:
- A fresh new look. A more spacious, more human aesthetic. Easier to look at, more joyful to use.
- Unified with HubSpot CRM: There will only be one contact record across all of HubSpot.
- Faster Loading. You'll see a noticeable improvement in the loading times.
- Easier access to the contact timeline. Your most important contact fields have shifted to the left-hand side, providing easier access to the contact timeline. No need to scroll in order to start exploring the contact’s full interaction history with your company.
- Sales engagements. Take calls, send one-off emails, leave notes, schedule meetings, and log activities from the timeline. You'll only see the sales communicator at the top of the contact record if your indivudal user permissions include sales access.
- Deal and Company Information. Quickly see deal and company information in the sidebar of the contact record.
- Minimize and reorder cards. Prioritize the information that's most important to you. For example, if the Salesforce syncing information is most pivotal to your team, slide that card to the top of your contact records.
Note: Some HubSpot customers have been using a version of the updated contact record for the last few months. If you’re one of those customers, the changes you see to the contact record in the next few weeks will be purely aesthetic — you’re already used to seeing the new functionality listed above.
On January 4th, all HubSpot Marketing customers will be transitioned to the newly designed contact record. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments below.