Not all sales activities are created equal. Seeing that you’ve made 300 calls in a month, or had 100 meetings, is great --- but it doesn’t tell the whole story. Were they all introductory calls? Demos? Closing calls? Meetings to negotiate pricing and discounts?
Optimizing your process is all about getting specific with where your team is spending its time.
With today’s update, create custom types for your calls and meetings, set a type for each activity as you log it, and report on your activity types over time.
How it works
- Navigate to Settings > Sales > Call & Meeting Types.
- Click “Enable Call and Meeting Types.”
- Add your types.
- Then, when you’re logging an activity from a record in your CRM, simply click “Select Call Type,” and choose your desired type.
What about reporting?
With the update, call/meeting type is now represented in two pre-built reports within the report library, and can also be used to build custom reports.
The two pre-built reports look like this, and live under "Prospecting:"
- Call and meeting totals (by type). Holistically, are there trends in the types of calls/meetings your team is having?
- Call and meeting leaderboard (by type). This report shows you the total number of meetings and calls each of your reps are having, by type. Did one rep have more pre-qualification calls, while another had more demo calls? Use this report to find out.
In addition to the pre-baked reports, Reporting Add-on or Sales Professional users can create custom reports using the Call/Meeting Type data.