When it comes to measuring your marketing and sales success, it’s not just about running reports; it’s about running the right reports, to tell the right story to the right audience. But, even for the most experienced marketers, data can be overwhelming. Whether running pivot tables in Excel, SQL queries in your BI tool, or even marketing and sales reports in HubSpot, it can be hard to know where to start.
With today’s update, you have five new contacts reports, built around best practices and common use cases, that summarize your lead generation success over time.
Use the new data to spot trends in your contact growth. Do you get more contacts on the weekends, when your target persona is at home? If so, promote more of your content on Saturdays. Do most of your leads come through social media? Double down on your social strategy, and explore new ways to spread your social footprint.
Today’s release is part of a larger mission to make even more of your data available in pre-built reports for your dashboard: no setup or customization required. Keep an eye out for more changes in this direction
How it works
Navigate to any dashboard in your HubSpot portal. Click “Add Report.” On the report template screen, you’ll see five brand new reports:
- Contacts created by day. A bar graph showing the number of new people added to your database over time.
- Contacts overview. A snapshot of your contact activity over the last 24 hours and the last 90 days, plus your highest daily total ever, and the total number of contacts you’ve ever created.
- New contacts by source. Which channels brought in the most conversions over time? Use this report to find out, and double down on the most fruitful sources.
- Most recently created contacts. A list of the thirty contacts added to your database most recently.
- Most recent returning contacts. A list of the known contacts that came back to your site most recently
The five new reports are now available to HubSpot Marketing Basic, Professional, and Enterprise portals. Add them to your dashboard now.