When you’re growing a business, your day is filled with countless to-dos, questions, and data-pulls. These needs arise all the time and not always at the most convenient times. GrowthBot makes you just a little bit faster at doing just about anything.
GrowthBot, a new experiment fresh out of HubSpot Labs, is a personal assistant for marketing and sales. GrowthBot helps you become more efficient by placing information and common marketing and sales tasks within the reach of a single message or command.
What is GrowthBot?
GrowthBot is a chatbot - a piece of software that you can interact with, often in a conversational way using text interfaces like SMS, Facebook Messenger, Slack and others. So, instead of sending a message to a colleague asking "Hey how was organic traffic to our site last week?", you'd be able to ask a chatbot that would then respond automatically.
What can GrowthBot do?
While GrowthBot is a very early experiment right now, here are some things you can currently ask GrowthBot to do.
GrowthBot can answer some general questions that probably come up during your day -
- Tell me about [Person’s email]
- Company Info on [Company website domain]
- Show me the top articles on [blog or website]
- What are the top articles about [topic]
- What tech does [website] use?
- Show me something funny
GrowthBot can also connect to your HubSpot account (and a few other tools like Google Analytics) giving you a new way to carry out some basic tasks. For example -
- Connect my HubSpot Account
- Start blog [blog title]
- Add contact [email]
- Find lead [lead email]
- What was my traffic last week / last month / last year?
- How many contacts did we add last month?
- How many customers did we get last week/month/year?
- (Google Analytics) How is traffic this week?
Why build GrowthBot? Where is this going?
It’s hard to avoid the discussion about messaging, bots, and how chat-like interfaces might find their way into many different aspects of our lives in the years to come.
For marketers and sales teams, the rise of messaging & bots is especially important. Not only is it likely to streamline the ways we work, but it could also have a substantial impact on how people shop, buy, and interact with companies in the not-too-distant future.
For the HubSpot Labs team, this feels like a big deal. By getting started with GrowthBot, our hope is to learn both how messaging and chat can make for a better experience when using HubSpot, and the implications it has for how our customers’ prospects and customers shop and buy.
GrowthBot is in early beta. Want to give it a try?
GrowthBot is a very early idea that is in beta today - meaning we are still testing it, learning how people use it, and improving it every day. If you want to give GrowthBot a try, you can use it on these messaging apps -
- Facebook Messenger (send a message to @growthbot)
- Slack (just DM the @growthbot user and message "hello" to get started). Or, if you're in a discussion thread or group, just start a message with "/growthbot
- SMS (just send a message "hello") to 617-202-2112
- Email - more details on this coming soon