Now live are three improvements to chatbot session timeouts that will give you more accurate reporting and your site visitors a better experience:
- The default open time for a conversation has changed from"indefinite" to 24 hours
- As a result, all abandoned bot sessions older than 24 hours will be automatically classified as “abandoned”
- The options for “indefinite”conversation lifetime has been removed
You need to be able to report on the effectiveness of your bots. In order to do that, you need clear visibility into how many bot sessions have reached the end of their chatflow and successfully closed versus how many bot sessions were “abandoned” because one of your site visitors left the bot session in the middle of a conversation. Your bots have always had a default “indefinite”session timeout setting. As a result, many of your bot sessions were never marked as “abandoned” within your Conversations reporting, leaving you with less than helpful data that was difficult to act on. With today’s update, you’ll get more accurate reporting on the amount of bot sessions that are successfully closed versus abandoned mid-session.
Here’s another way your site visitors will benefit from today’s update. In the past, visitors who returned to your website would always see their past, unfinished chat history in the chatbot widget. After being away from the conversation for who knows how long, they’d have lost all context and were left with a confusing and frustrating experience. With today’s update, after 24 hours (or whichever time period you pick) each of your site visitors get a fresh and clean start to their conversation with you.
To change your chatbot session timeout settings, simply:
- Go to your chatflows and click “edit” on your desired chatflow
- Click “options” on the left-hand navigation panel
- Use the drop-down menu under “session timeout” to choose the reset time for your chatflow
To access bot reports, simply:
- Go to your chatflows and click “details” on your desired chatflow
- You’ll see your bot sessions that were older than 24 hours have already been updated in your reporting and time stamped with the date they would have been closed with the 24 hour setting
Who gets it?
This update is now live to all HubSpot users and is available in all languages supported by HubSpot.