How people use social media has changed. In the last 5 years social has become more mobile, more, visual, more ad powered, and more scientific. On top of this, Facebook is rapidly innovating and changing the definition of social media. To take advantage of these trends and stand out in Social you need the best tools possible. That's why we're rethinking and refreshing HubSpot Social.
- Read more on the approach and where Social Media at HubSpot is headed here.
- Or check out the new tools in your portal.
What’s happening? What’s the timeline?
As of 6/6 the new Social Tools are the default for all users. You will be able to switch back to the old tools via the switcher in the bottom right hand corner of the screen if needed, but the view will switch back to the new tools in 24-hours. We plan to remove the switcher on 7/6.
So what’s new?
2) The Look and feel: The majority of the Social has been converted to the new visual UI. We’re working to also update Inbox and Monitoring over the next few weeks.
3) Settings: Along with the new UI we redefine how users connect social accounts. You no longer have to connect your personal social account to connect their business account. Also, once a business account is connected all users can use HubSpot to manage it, creating a single source of truth for the account.
4) Composing: We used the visual UI update as an opportunity to totally re-engineer how composing and publishing works in Social. You can now compose multiple social posts on different networks in one view. No more tabbing between posts. You can drag and drop images into compose without opening file manager. You can save compositions as drafts and tag other company pages on Facebook via compose. The tool will also tell you if they are using the wrong image format when publishing to Facebook. We hope these changes reduce friction and greatly improve your experience in Social.
5) Reporting: Along with the new UI, we simplified the social reports dashboard, and refocused the dashboard on metrics that impact the bottom line, instead of the typical vanity metrics associated with social. This helps bring the tool inline with the way most marketers are viewing social metrics.
Why do these updates matter?
Social has changed and this phase 1 refresh is a huge first step towards modernizing the social tools. It paves the way for more innovative social updates that will help you get ahead in today's social landscape.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback!