Note - if you use the HubSpot Marketing Platform, follow these instructions instead.
Step 1: Create an account at hubspot.com/crm and follow the instructions.
Step 2: Add users in settings.
After you've logged in, click on the Users tab in Settings to add your team to HubSpot CRM. You can invite as many users as you'd like, and each new user will receive a welcome email with login instructions.
Step 3: If you haven't already, install Sidekick.
If you use Gmail in Chrome or Outlook for Windows, Sidekick brings useful details about contacts and companies from your CRM right into your inbox. Sidekick also gives you access to email templates and other time saving features you'll love.
Getting started with Sidekick takes only a couple of minutes - just follow the instructions below. (Don't forget to share these instructions with other folks on your team, too.)
Step 4: Add contacts & companies to your database.
Here are a few quick tips on how HubSpot CRM organizes your contacts and companies, along with details on how to add more.
- Importing new contacts is easy. If you have other sales contacts to add to your database, organize them into a CSV file, and click the Import button from Contacts in HubSpot CRM.
- HubSpot CRM creates & organizes company records for you. As you add contacts, HubSpot CRM automatically creates & manages records for their associated companies.
Here are a few other tips that might be useful as you are getting started.
- Create Views - Add custom fields, filter records, select and organize columns, and save different views easily. Use the Deals Board view to drag deals from stage to stage as they progress through your pipeline.
- Set up your Deal Stages - HubSpot CRM comes with a basic set of deal stages already set up. Want to customize your deal stages based on your specific sales process? Get started with customizing your deal stages.
- Create Custom Properties - HubSpot CRM is flexible enough to hold just about any kind of data you want to store. Learn how to set up custom contact, company, and deal properties.