You attempt to register a prospect domain, but it is unavailable. The registration tool informs you that this domain is eligible for Partner Collaboration.
You are actively pursuing a software sale to this prospect, so you may create a shared deal or reach out to your CAM to discuss next steps.
In this scenario, a GS owns the domain. You may continue to pursue the sale of HubSpot software in collaboration with the GS that owns the domain, provided that the GS approves your involvement. To initiate a Partner Collaboration, you may create a shared deal which submits a Partner Collaboration Request. If you do not create a shared deal, your CAM must submit a Partner Collaboration Request on the GS’ deal record, prior to the deal closing (this means that it’s up to you to inform your CAM of the deal so they can initiate this process on your behalf). After logging the request, your CAM will put you in contact with the GS. If the GS approves the collaboration, you will work directly with the GS to close the sale.
The acceptance of this Partner Collaboration process is at complete discretion of the GS and ultimately, HubSpot. Once approved, a customer-signed Confirmation Link is required for you to receive revenue share and Sold MRR credit upon close of the deal.
Partner Collaboration Deal Eligibility
Not all deals are eligible for partner collaboration. Specifically, a deal is not eligible for Partner Collaboration if it only contains starter products. A deal must contain at least one of the following products in order to be eligible:
Eligible for collaboration (if the product line is not already purchased):
- Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise
- Sales Hub Professional or Enterprise
- Service Hub Professional or Enterprise
- CMS Hub
- Operations Hub
- Other Hub-Agnostic Products (these products are each considered separate product lines for revenue share and Sold MRR credit. For example, Reports Add-on)
Partner Collaboration Checklist
- The deal is eligible for Partner Collaboration (as described above)
- Your CAM requested Partner Collaboration from the GS, as recorded in HubSpot’s own CRM, prior to close of deal
- GS accepted and approved of Partner Collaboration request
- Confirmation Link has been completed at time of deal close