The HubSpot software lives and breathes on Inbound Methodology - what we consider to be the best way to turn strangers into customers and promoters of your business. Basically, this breaks down to a set of actions that several HubSpot tools help you implement.
The steps below will go over your visitor's journey into becoming a lead and, eventually, a customer and promoter of your business. Each step will also show you which HubSpot tool(s) you can use to implement these actions.
Take a look at the image below to see this laid out:
The conversion process in HubSpot is the method by which you turn a website visitor into a lead. To kick off this process, you start with a specific content or services offering (like an ebook or free trial) and asking your website visitor to provide some of their information in order to receive this offer.
Have Something to Offer: Whether this is an eBook or something else, you want to establish you have an offer that is valuable enough to your website visitor that will encourage them down the conversion path.
Create a Call to Action: A Call to Action or “CTA” is basically a bright, attention-grabbing button on your website that asks your user to perform an action to receive your offer. This button will point them to a HubSpot Landing Page. For example, all of your blog posts should have a CTA encouraging your visitor to become a
Pro Tip: Make sure a “request a consultation” or “contact us now” offer tells the customer exactly what they’re getting (a 20 minute consultation? An email? A quote?) This should be an offer for the customer, not just a “contact us” form, which typically has the lowest conversion rates of all form types.
Create a HubSpot Landing Page (and a HubSpot form). This is a page that contains a form with an explanation of what your user is getting from filling out the form, your offer. A Landing Page should have no navigation, to help your customer focus on the offer and continue down the conversion path. When the visitor clicks the submit button on the form, this directs them to your HubSpot Thank You page.
Create a Thank
This process means your website visitor is no longer anonymous but has become a contact in your HubSpot contact database with a Lifecycle stage of Lead. Now that you have captured some leads, you can begin nurturing your leads into customers.
Pro Tip: Associate all of these pieces of collateral with the Campaign you created in Track #1 so you can track your bottom line, monitor contributions and make on the fly adjustments.
You want to actively move the prospects/leads you’ve created through your marketing and lead generation efforts, to the point where they become paying customers. Some tactics on how to nurture leads are through targeted content, multi-channel nurturing, multiple touches, timely follow-ups, and personalization.
As you continue to adopt inbound marketing as a way to generate more leads, the importance of having an effective lead nurturing strategy becomes very clear. In most cases only a relatively small percentage of your inbound leads will be ready to make an immediate purchase, leaving upwards of 90% of your inbound leads on the table.
1) Targeted content – Leads nurtured with targeted content produce an increase in sales opportunities of more than 20%
2) Multi-channel lead nurturing – Four out of five marketers say their email open rates don’t exceed 20%. It’s time to
3) Multiple Touches - Prospects receive an average of 10 touches from the time they enter the top of the funnel until they’re a closed-won customer.
4) Timely Follow Ups - The odds of a lead entering the sales process, or becoming qualified, are 21 times greater when contacted within five minutes versus 30 minutes after an inbound lead converts on your website.
5) Personalized emails - Personalized emails generate up to 6 times higher revenue per email than non-personalized emails do.
6) Lead Scoring - 68% of successful marketers cite lead scoring based on content and engagement as the most effective tactic for improving revenue contribution from lead nurturing.
7) Sales and Marketing Alignment - 89% of companies that align their sales and marketing lead nurturing efforts report measurable increases in the number of sales opportunities generated.
Next: Learn how to analyze your campaign performance by moving on to the next track