New Feature: Sources
Today, we're announcing a new feature to the HubSpot software: the Sources report, which allows customers to closely analyze individual traffic sources.
Most Internet traffic tools are about website analytics - and those analytics are often useless to a marketer. Instead, HubSpot provides marketing analytics.
Website statistics might show you how many pageviews you had or how many advertisements you can sell, but marketing analytics show you which traffic source is converting visitors to leads, and which source is converting leads to customers. Marketing analytics let you dive into the data and see how the conversion rate changes over time for each source and campaign. It links the data to other marketing activities such as SEO, PPC, email, and even offline marketing, permitting you to see your whole visitor-lead-customer funnel.
Now every marketer can reach new marketing conclusions faster and easier than ever before.
If you're a HubSpot customer, you can find the Sources screen on the Reports menu. It starts with a bar chart showing the last two weeks of visits to your website, colored by source. Under the bar chart is a table summarizing the traffic.
- Sources allows you to choose the time frame with quick-pick time intervals and also supports custom timeframes.
- You can dive into a source and look more closely. Referring links, organic search, paid search, email marketing, etc. all have drill-downs to show performance of each traffic segment.
- See how each of your sources perform at lead generation, and at closing customers.
- Look at your conversion rates. You can analyze your sources by visit-to-lead, lead-to-customer, and visit-to-customer.
- You can overlay your marketing events, and remind yourself why you saw that traffic spike last spring, or what made that email campaign so special.
It's easy to take a few minutes and dig deeper. Which source has the best conversion rate for you? Has that changed over time? What source generates the most customers for you, and is it a different source than the best conversion? The Sources tool will help you make the most effective use of your time and marketing budget.
For more information on the Sources report, check out the documentation on Success.HubSpot.com.