-- Website Grader Report Reveals Top Bloggers Making Critical SEO Marketing Mistakes --
- Anxious to learn if their website's got game, 100,000 companies have flocked to Website Grader, a free SEO tool invented by HubSpot, an Internet marketing company.
- Website Grader rates websites based on a checklist of criteria - from structure and popularity, to traffic, search engine optimization and marketing. The tool is designed to help people understand how their site is faring against the competition. Whether you're a small business owner looking to make the most of your online presence or a seasoned marketing executive, Website Grader has the deep analysis and recommendations you need to improve your website.
- Grades are calculated as a percentile score that runs the gamut from 0 on up. For you perfectionists out there, getting a 60 doesn't mean you're below average - it just means that your site is more up to snuff than 60% of the other sites that have been graded.
- Website Grader recently evaluated the top 20 blogs on Technorati including TechCrunch, BoingBoing, Ars Technica, and Seth Godin, and found that even the top bloggers in the world are making critical SEO marketing mistakes:
- 40% are missing a 301 redirect
- 65% are missing description metadata
- 80% are missing keywords metadata
- To view the full report, please visit this link to the Website Grader Blogger SEO Report
- To read a blog article about the data, please visit this link to the article Top Bloggers Making Critical SEO Mistakes
- Website Grader was named one of PC Magazine's Top 100 Undiscovered Websites in August of this year.
HubSpot Company Logo
Website Grader Logo
Screenshot of Website Grader
Screenshot of SEO Report for the Top 20 Blogs
Use this link to access the Website Grader SEO Tool
Use this link to access a purpose-built del.icio.us page, for more information
Use this link to access HubSpot's Internet Marketing Blog
Use this link to access HubSpot's Company News Blog
Quote, attributable to Brian Halligan, CEO and Founder, HubSpot
"We built Website Grader initially just for internal use, but liked it so much we decided to open it up to see if others would find it useful. We made the conscious decision not to charge for it because we thought it was a cool tool to contribute to the greater community. We've been really surprised with the response we've seen - not because we don't believe in the power of Website Grader but because we haven't put any marketing muscle behind it. The success is based purely on the value that people are getting from it and strong word of mouth."
Quote, attributable to Dharmesh Shah, Chief Software Architect and Founder, HubSpot
"The idea for Website Grader came from what was originally a manual process we used for determining if a company was good at marketing on the Internet or not. Over time I figured out ways to automate that process, and then on a whim we launched WebsiteGrader.com to see if others would find it useful. The success we've seen the past few months proves that people do find it quite useful. It comes as no surprise to me - it's human nature to see how you stack up against the competition and Website Grader does just that for free. With Website Grader, people can see if they're at the head of the class and if not, what they need to do to change that."
HubSpot offers the first integrated Internet marketing platform that lets small and medium businesses take advantage of the changing nature of how products are bought and sold. With tools to quickly and easily update website content, add a blog, perform SEO, create landing pages and analyze every step of the process, HubSpot Internet marketing software is the most effective way for small and medium businesses to get found by more prospects and convert higher percentages of them into paying customers. Based in Cambridge MA, HubSpot can be found at www.hubspot.com and the Website Grader free SEO Tool is available at www.websitegrader.com.