We're happy to announce that both of HubSpot's founders, CEO Brian Halligan and Chief Technology Officer Dharmesh Shah, have been named finalists in the 2009 Mass Technology Leadership Awards competition. Brian is up for the CEO Award and Dharmesh is in the running for the Innovator Award.
Honoring Massachusetts companies and individuals who best exemplify leadership and excellence in business and technology, the Mass Technology Leadership Awards recognize outstanding achievement in both the development and deployment of technologies.
More than 160 submissions were received during the open nomination process. Council Trustees, local thought leaders and media were involved with the selection process. The winners will be announced at the Fall Awards Gala on Thursday, November 5 at the Copley Marriott.
All finalists in the CEO category include:
- Colin Angle, Chairman, CEO and Co-Founder, iRobot
- Brian Halligan, CEO and Founder, HubSpot
- David Patrick, President and CEO, xkoto
- Michael Simon, CEO, LogMeIn
- Brian Zanghi, CEO, Kadient
All finalists in the Innovator category include:
- Danah Boyd, Microsoft Research and the Berkman Center for Internet & Society at Harvard University
- Rich Miner, Managing Director, Google Ventures
- Timothy Rowe, CEO, Cambridge Innovation Center
- Dharmesh Shah, Chief Technology Officer and Founder, HubSpot
The Mass Technology Leadership Council is the only association that addresses the critical leadership issues of innovative software and technology-enabled companies. Formed by the combination of Massachusetts Software Council and New England Business and Technology Association, Inc., the organization is dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship and promoting the success of companies that develop and deploy technology across industry sectors. The Mass Technology Leadership Council conducts educational programs, hosts industry events, facilitates networking, sponsors research, advocates in favor of technology policies that promote innovation, entrepreneurship and competition, and recognizes industry-leading companies and people.
Tickets for the November 5th awards ceremony can be purchased at http://awards091105.eventbrite.com.