Today, HubSpot was voted one of the Best Places to Work in 2018, a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award, in the Large Companies category. The award recognizes the best workplaces and company cultures based on employee reviews and feedback via Glassdoor. HubSpot is honored to be named the #7 best workplace on the list of 100 employers we admire including Facebook, Google, and Netflix. At the time of the announcement, HubSpot has 547 employee reviews, and an overall rating of 4.7/5.
Chief People Officer of HubSpot, Katie Burke, said of the announcement, “We’re passionate about creating an engaging, inclusive company culture at HubSpot where employees can do their best work, and the feedback we get from employees and candidates on Glassdoor directly impacts our ability to do that. Being voted a Glassdoor Best Place to Work in 2018 based on employee reviews is truly humbling, and we are honored to be in such great company with organizations we look up to. I want to personally thank our employees globally who make HubSpot’s culture great; your feedback and voice are invaluable in helping us get better every day.”
In HubSpot’s Culture Code, a core cultural value of ours is outlined: transparency. Employee feedback on Glassdoor enables us to improve our workplace, but it also helps us be transparent with prospective candidates and the talent community about what it’s like to work at HubSpot. (View open positions at HubSpot here.) For today’s job seekers, hearing directly from employees is the best way to understand what a company’s culture is truly like. That’s why we not only read every review we receive on Glassdoor, but HubSpot’s leadership team responds to every review thoughtfully. Here are some highlights from HubSpot employees’ reviews on Glassdoor:
- “HubSpot is an incredible place to work and grow your career. I find the work to be challenging in the best way. I've got a manager who supports me wholeheartedly, an executive team that listens and takes action, and peers that are insanely smart, talented, and driven. Another thing I really value is the number of opportunities I have to get involved outside of the 9-5. A few awesome things I'm involved with are Women at HubSpot, People of Color at HubSpot, HubSpot on the Town, book clubs (thanks, free book program!), Healthy at HubSpot, and even a Ru Paul's Drag Race fantasy league.” - Employee on the Customer Success team
- “At HubSpot I feel like I've finally found what I've been looking for (take that, U2). I know that sounds like a big statement but everything I've seen in engineering aligns so perfectly with the values I've practiced and preached, from the top of the stack to the bottom.” - Employee on the Engineering team
- “I'm surrounded all day by brilliant, thoughtful, and ambitious people. Collaboration and ideas from the very bottom of the chain is not only accepted but highly encouraged - I've always felt like HubSpot genuinely values my ideas and seeks them. Everyday I am challenged to learn new skills and continue growing with the company. “ - Employee on the Customer Success team
- “I started at HubSpot with limited sales experience, but a love for the Inbound mission and a relentless desire to contribute however I could. I did my day job well, took on new challenges, and no one ever told me no or to slow down. Instead, my colleagues taught me more, and pushed me to continue to improve. Nearly 5 years later I am in a key leadership role in sales and have elevated my career beyond my wildest dreams. I love HubSpot. There is an ever thriving startup culture even as the company scales, and I get an opportunity to learn from and be challenged by incredible people every single day.” - Employee on the Sales team
- “The engineering department does everything they can to set you up for success. There are so many people that are willing to go the extra mile to help you grow and improve as an engineer.” - Employee on the Engineering team
- “Absolutely awesome culture- yes the perks are fantastic (on-site barista, on-site gym, free snacks, unlimited PTO, etc) but the people, the transparency, the value on the employees and building teamwork, and arming employees with the tools to make them successful are just a few reasons why people love working here. I've worked in a number of companies up to this point, and I've never felt more like a company actually values me and my contribution than they do here.” - Anonymous employee
HubSpot CEO Brian Halligan with HubSpot employees
“We know today’s job seekers are more informed than ever about where they go to work, researching everything from company culture to career opportunities to pay philosophy and more. To help people find companies that stand out from the pack, the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards recognize employers that are truly Best Places to Work because they’re determined by those who really know best - the employees,” said Robert Hohman, Glassdoor CEO and co-founder. “Employers where employees love to work continue to prove that they have a recruiting and business performance advantage. We’re proud to celebrate the 2018 winners as we mark our tenth anniversary of the Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards.”
On Glassdoor, current and former employees of companies worldwide can share insights and opinions about their work environments by sharing a company review, designed to capture a genuine and authentic inside look at what it’s like to work at particular jobs and companies. When sharing a company review on Glassdoor, employees are asked to rate their satisfaction with the company overall, and key workplace factors like career opportunities, compensation, benefits, work/life balance, senior management, as well as culture and values. In addition, employees are asked to describe the best reasons to work at their companies as well as any downsides.
The Best Places to Work are determined using company reviews shared by U.S.-based employees between November 1, 2016 and October 22, 2017. To be considered for the large category, a company must have at least 1,000 or more employees and have received at least 75 ratings across eight workplace attributes from U.S.-based employees during the period of eligibility. The final list is compiled based on Glassdoor’s proprietary algorithm, and takes into account quantity, quality and consistency of reviews.
For the complete list of the Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018, please visit: http://www.glassdoor.com/Best-Places-to-Work-LST_KQ0,19.htm.
HubSpot (NYSE: HUBS) is a leading inbound marketing, sales, and CRM growth stack. Since 2006, HubSpot has been on a mission to make the world more inbound. Today, over 31,000 customers in more than 90 countries use HubSpot’s award-winning software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. HubSpot Marketing includes social media publishing and monitoring, blogging, SEO, website content management, email marketing, marketing automation, and reporting and analytics. HubSpot Sales enables sales and service teams to have more effective conversations with leads, prospects, and customers. HubSpot CRM helps sales teams organize, track, and grow their pipeline. All three platforms integrate right out of the box and are available for free to start. HubSpot has been named a top place to work by Glassdoor, Fortune, The Boston Globe, and The Boston Business Journal.
The company is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with offices in Dublin, Ireland (EMEA HQ); Singapore; Sydney, Australia; Tokyo, Japan; Berlin, Germany; and Portsmouth, NH.
Learn more at www.hubspot.com
About GlassdoorGlassdoor is one of the largest and fastest growing job sites in the world today. Set apart by the tens of millions of reviews and insights provided by employees and candidates, Glassdoor combines all the jobs with this valuable data to make it easy for people to find a job that is uniquely right for them. As a result, Glassdoor helps employers hire truly informed candidates at scale through effective recruiting solutions like job advertising and employer brandingproducts. Launched in 2008, Glassdoor now has reviews and insights for approximately 700,000 companies in more than 190 countries. For labor market trends and analysis, visit Glassdoor Economic Research. For company news and career advice and tips, visit the Glassdoor Blog and for employer-related news and insights to help employers hire, visit the Glassdoor for Employers Blog. Visit Glassdoor.com or download our apps on iOS and Android platforms.