We are thrilled to announce ConnectED: Write Your Future in Tech, a new initiative inviting university students from diverse backgrounds to HubSpot Dublin for a day of content, inspiration, and connections for starting a career in technology. ConnectED will be held on Friday, November 25 from 2:00PM to 7:30PM in HubSpot Dublin at One Dockland Central.
HubSpot Director of Engineering, Barbara McCarthy, recognized that students in Higher Education Access Route (HEAR) programs are often at a disadvantage in breaking into tech; limited connections and financial resources can hold students back from pursuing internships and graduate jobs. “Getting a job in tech should be about talent, not about who you know or where you’re from. This program is designed to empower students who are passionate about about technology by rewarding what really matters: their ability to make an impact. I believe it’s our job as companies to help students connect that passion with opportunities,” said McCarthy.
ConnectED’s mission is to provide students with resources and inspiration for pursuing a career in product development. HubSpot’s engineering and recruiting teams are leading the agenda activities which include:
- All Roads Lead to Tech Panel: Discussion and Q&A with developers, product managers, and engineering leaders on how they broke into tech and key lessons they've learned along the way.
- Demystifying the Job Search: Talk from HubSpot Tech Recruiter Martin Kelly with tips and advice for researching companies, writing a CV, and the application process.
- CV Workshop: Groups of 4-5 get hands-on help reviewing their CVs with HubSpot recruiters and tech professionals.
- Interview Prep Breakouts
- Interviewing 101: How to Master the Interview (and Not Die Trying): HubSpot Recruiter Tania Perez
- Technical Interviewing: Press Any Key to Start: HubSpot Tech Leads John Reddin and Lorcan O'Neill
- The Power of Networking (and How to Do It Well): HubSpot Director of Global Recruiting, Declan Fitzgerald, shares advice for growing your network on- and offline.
- Closing Remarks with HubSpot EMEA Managing Director, Christian Kinnear
- Networking Happy Hour!
Our team is thrilled to welcome students to HubSpot from IT Tallaght, Maynooth University, Dundalk Institute of Technology, Dublin Institute of Technology, Trinity College, and more. If you’re a student, lecturer, or representative from a university, please sign up here or share this opportunity with students in your network.
Learn more or sign up for ConnectED: Write Your Future in Tech on Eventbrite and add @HubSpotInc on Snapchat to follow the event live.