CAMBRIDGE, MA – Last Friday, HubSpot employees raised more than $28,000 for charity at our annual charity auction. HubSpotters donated and bid on over 100 items and all proceeds will be donated to an organization of the winner’s choosing. For those without an organization in mind, HubSpot suggested two options: The Possible Project and Youth Venture. The charity auction is an opportunity for employees to contribute their time, skills, and, in one case, their Tesla to a good cause.
This year, bidding on most items took place via an iPhone and Android app especially created for the auction by our in-house mobile development team. We’ll be open sourcing the app so that other organizations and individuals can use it to run their auctions as well.
Below are just a few of the items from this year’s auction:
• The opportunity to choose the music for our next earnings call. Our General Counsel purchased it, perhaps to preempt a rendition of "Call Me Maybe."
• A freshly baked Belgian waffle delivered hot to the winner’s desk once a month, every month in 2015. (And yes, gluten free options are available).
• A three-part musical epic (written and recorded with a full band). This was purchased by co-founder and CTO Dharmesh Shah, which perhaps means Culture Code: The Rock Opera is on the horizon.
• The events team auctioned off the juicer used and signed by Martha Stewart at INBOUND 2014. It’s a good thing.
• Our sales executives will plan, host, and staff a themed party for the occasion of the winner’s choice. Suggested themes include disco, Margaritaville, EDM, and Miami Vice.
• The opportunity to choose a new flavor of yogurt for the HubSpot kitchen commanded an impressive $410.
HubSpot COO JD Sherman (who’s parting with his Tesla keys for a day for the cause) said: “We look forward to the charity auction every year because it’s a great opportunity for HubSpotters to come together and give back to the community. This year, the addition of the mobile app made it even cooler--we are really grateful that so many people were so generous with their time, effort, energy, and donations.”
HubSpot is the world’s leading inbound marketing and sales platform. Since 2006, HubSpot has been on a mission to make the world more inbound. Today, over 11,500 customers in more than 70 countries use HubSpot’s software, services, and support to transform the way they attract, engage, and delight customers. HubSpot’s inbound marketing software, ranked #1 in customer satisfaction by VentureBeat and G2Crowd, includes social media publishing and monitoring, blogging, SEO, website content management, email marketing, marketing automation, and reporting and analytics, all in one integrated platform. Signals, HubSpot’s award-winning sales application, enables sales and service teams to have more effective conversations with leads, prospects, and customers. HubSpot is headquartered in Cambridge, MA with offices in Dublin, Ireland, and Sydney, Australia, and has been recognized by Inc., Forbes, and Deloitte as one of the world’s fastest-growing companies. Learn more at www.hubspot.com
Media Contact: Katie Burke, (857) 829-5912 email@example.com
Originally published Dec 9, 2014 8:00:00 AM, updated December 15 2014