2011 was a stellar year for inbound marketing with exceptional adoption of inbound marketing tactics and HubSpot software throughout the world.
In 2011, HubSpot saw an 81% revenue increase, earned a total of 2,000 new customers, and aquired two phenomnal organizations: Performable founded by David Cancel (former CEO of Compete.com) and oneforty founded by Laura "Pistachio" Fitton (Co-Author of Twitter for Dummies). David now serves as HubSpot's Chief Product Officer and Laura joins HubSpot as the leader of PR and Media Relations.
Last year, HubSpot also secured $32 million of venture funding from heavy hitters Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Salesforce. Below is the full list of the milestones we're proud to have achieved in 2011:
- We were proud to grow revenues from $16 million to $29 million.
- We gained 2,000 new customers, 15 industry awards & 100 new employees.
- Our amazing customers generated >12.5 million leads, >2.4 BILLION page views, and >100,000 new landing pages.
- We raised $32 million in a round led by three amazing organizations: Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Salesforce.com.
- We brought two new companies into the HubSpot family via two acquisitions: the great Performable and oneforty.
- We opened APIs for engineers and established marketplaces for innovative third party apps and services.
- From that, our amazing service marketplace partners generated an average of $75K in revenue each via the HubSpot platform.
Goodbye Crutches, a distributor of crutch alternatives based in Kalamazoo, Michigan, was one of the 2,000 new HubSpot customers in 2011. After 8 months using HubSpot software, Goodbye Crutches has seen a 307% increase in leads and 129% increase in leads from organic search. They have also enjoyed a 43% conversion rate for leads becoming customers.
For a fun visualization of HubSpot's accomplishments in 2011, view the presentation below. Enjoy!
Our fearless leader Brian Halligan, CEO of our all-in-one marketing software company, reflected, "2011 will stand as the year we became a platform and crystallized an entire marketing movement. We’re just getting started in our run at the big leagues, but I'm incredibly proud of what our customers are achieving, and of the results our team is turning in so far."
HubSpot continues to grow and develop as a company. We'll keep you posted as new product features are released and even greater milestones are reached in 2012.