As an inbound marketer, you want to become an online hub for your industry. To do this, you need to share interesting and relevant content with your community on a regular basis.
We want to make it easy for you, so we're introducing the Social Media tool to our Inbound Marketing System, which will help you connect with your audience by finding relevant content and then making it easy for you to share that information with your network. You can find the Social Media tool under the Search Marketing heading.
Here's an example: The other day Pete was scrolling through the stories in the HubSpot Social Media tool. He found a great question on LinkedIn, and it already had a great answer. He used the Social Media tool to post a link to the question to Twitter. The question was quickly answered by one of our customers and one of our partners. Pete also saw that the individual asking the question was a HubSpot lead, and he was able to pass the information to the inbound marketing specialist.
This helped HubSpot because Pete was able to easily find an interesting question on LinkedIn and take different actions. By taking these actions, he continued to establish themselves and HubSpot as a hub for relevant, interesting information in our industry.
HubSpot customers should take a look at the new social media tool at least once a day to check for new content. Each of the items shown has been selected because it uses some of the keywords or brands that you have identified as important. As a result, the content generated should be relevant to you and your industry.
When you find an item related to your industry that you wish to share, you have a few options.
- Tweet It - You can re-tweet (RT) the item, or reply to the original tweet through the application.
- Post It to your Facebook Wall - You can post the article to your Facebook wall through this application
- Comment on it - You can go to the article and comment directly on the article, and then track the interactions with the social media tool.
In order to start using the Social Media tool, customers just have to do two things.
- Add your Twitter and Facebook accounts to HubSpot under Settings > Social Media Accounts. This will allow you to Tweet items and post items to Facebook from within the tool.
- Complete the Brand Wizard by following these instructions. The terms you enter will be used to find relevant stories.