Last Friday evening I had the pleasure of attending the Society for New Communications Research (SNCR) 4th Annual Awards Gala with Inbound Marketing Manager Rebecca Corliss and VP Inbound Marketing Mike Volpe. The ceremony was held at the Harvard Faculty Club in Cambridge.
HubSpot and research? Yes, we do research and release some marketing studies and reports from time to time. In fact, the reason Mike, Rebecca and I were at the SNCR Awards is because HubSpot was a finalist!
Not only were we a finalist, but we were then honored with a Commendation of Merit award for our Press Release Experiment, which compared social media news releases to traditional releases across different newswire services.
The goals of HubSpot's press release experiment were to determine which press release type (traditional or social media) had better ROI by determining which type of release gets syndicated more often, which type builds more links to your website, and determining best practices when crafting press releases. Ultimately, the objective of the experiment was to compare traditional and social media news releases to discover the best format to build links to a website.
- Why social media releases may not be as effective as traditional releases
- How to format a press release to get more links to your site
- What features to look for when picking a press release service
- What happens behind-the-scenes after you submit a release to your newswire
- Marketing & PR techniques that are more useful--and cheaper--than many typical PR methods
To view the archived webinar explaining the study and results in detail, visit http://www.hubspot.com/marketing-webinars/news-release-webinar-archive.
Check HubSpot's Awards Page for a full list of HubSpot's accolades.
Photo by Todd Van Hoosear