All HubSpot Affiliates are required to complete agreement and remain in compliance with these terms. This list contains everything you need to know to be a HubSpot affiliate, including resources, recommendations, and some fun legal stuff.
If you're not yet part of the HubSpot Affiliate Program, you can apply here.
Getting Started / Resources
1. Affiliate Starter Kit: We’ve put together this Starter Kit to walk you through how to begin promoting HubSpot products, including tips and tricks, how to use your portal, and where to access links and assets. This will be your go-to resource for all things the affiliate program.
2. Account: You can log into your account at anytime and track your clicks and referrals at affiliate.hubspot.com/login.
1. Commission Rates: You receive a flat-rate commission based on the customer’s first purchase and the tier of the product purchased
Starter/Basic: $250 USD
Professional/CMS: $500 USD
Enterprise: $1,000 USD
For example, if you refer a customer and they purchase Marketing Starter and Sales Professional at the same time as their first purchase, you will receive $250 + $500 for a total of $750.
a. You receive commission for the first purchase made by a new customer who is not in an active sales process with us at the time of the affiliate link click.
b. The customer needs to be an active customer for 60 days, plus the number of days at the end of that month. For example a Customer who makes a purchase on March 15th must still be a customer on May 31st
c. The customer must land on and sign up on a hubspot.com landing page in order to be properly tracked (e.g. we will not be able to track purchases made on hubspot.de, hubspot.jp, hubspot.es, etc.)
d. Affiliate links rely on cookies to track sales so the customer cannot have cleared their cookies.
e. Only affiliate links can be used to track sales. Incorrect use of affiliate links will cause inability to track referrals.
f. You cannot use affiliate links to refer clients you are servicing. You'll need to join the Sales Partner or Agency Partner Program and register them as a lead.
There are a number of other limitations that may result in commission not being paid - we encourage you to read the Marketing Affiliate Program Agreement for more information on this.
3. Upgrades/downgrades: You do not receive additional commission if a customer upgrades to a higher tiered product in the future. You also do not lose commission if they downgrade to a lower tiered product in the future.
4. PayPal: Be sure to add your PayPal email to your Ambassador profile so we can send you your commissions. We pay commissions on the 25th of each month for commissions that qualified in the month prior.
5. Attribution: In the event a single customer clicks two different affiliate links, the first affiliate gets the credit
6. Cookie Window: 90 days of clicking your affiliate link
1. HubSpot Branding
Use the language and assets we’ve provided you in the affiliate tool and in this Dropbox folder
Use false or misleading statements on the benefits of using HubSpot (e.g. “Get rich quick with HubSpot”)
Modify or adjust the HubSpot wordmark or sprocket logo in any sort of marketing material you might create, including the creation of any visual badges or dual-logo lockups.
2. What to call yourself
As we have multiple ways to partner with HubSpot and several ways to reference those relationships, here are some guidelines around what you can and cannot call yourself within the HubSpot Affiliate Program.
4. Beta/Connect Programs: When promoting HubSpot for the Beta or Connect program, you are not allowed to use an affiliate link.
5. Sales Partner/ Agency Partner Programs: If you’re also part of one of these programs, you will only receive commission for either that program or the affiliate program depending on whether you registered the lead or the customer went through your affiliate link. When working with clients, we recommend you register the lead and NOT use your affiliate link.