Note: Capitalized terms used but not defined in these policies have the meanings set forth in the HSPPA.
Partner Revenue Share
Current Partner Revenue Share is equal to twenty percent (20%) of Net Revenue (as defined in the HSPPA) paid to us by or on behalf of an End User for a Qualified Transaction.
Upmarket Referral Program Revenue Share
Current Revenue Share under this Optional Program means an amount equal to ten percent (10%) of Net Revenue paid to HubSpot in the first twelve (12) months of the relevant Subscription Service purchase which you supported as a Partner, as long as the Customer’s relevant Subscription remains active during the entirety of these twelve (12) months the deal is a valid Upmarket Referral Program opportunity and the Partner satisfies all eligibility requirements for access to the Optional Program - as set out in full in the Rules of Engagement.
Partner Revenue Share term
Current Partner level Revenue Share term is equal to thirty-six (36) months from the time of the Qualified Transaction close, provided the End User remains a HubSpot Customer and so long as Net Revenue is received and recognized from the Qualified Transaction. (Said otherwise, they have not canceled their Subscription, and they’re paying their bill).
Partner uptiering requirement
To maintain your benefits as a Partner, including Partner Revenue Share benefits, you must tier up to the gold tier within twenty-four (24) months of becoming a Partner in the HubSpot Solutions Partner Program. Learn more about how tiers work here. If you do not meet this requirement within twenty-four (24) months, then during the next tier recalibration process you will automatically be moved to the Provider level unless you request in writing to fully exit the program instead.
When you become a Provider, any previously earned Revenue Share will be adjusted to the Provider level terms (20% for twelve months from the original sold date). In situations where you may have already earned twelve (12) months worth of Revenue Share for any given Qualified Transaction by the recalibration date, your Revenue Share for that transaction will terminate upon your move to the Provider level. If you choose to exit the program and become a Customer, Revenue Share will end immediately. Please note that termination of the HSPPA does not affect your HubSpot Subscription Services or HubSpot’s right to pursue any collections for any outstanding payments due pursuant to orders placed on or before such termination.
To receive Revenue Share you have earned when your registered domains/customers purchase HubSpot, you must complete the appropriate paperwork.
- You can fill out and submit your ACH/Wire Form and W-8/W-9 tax forms from within your Partner Portal. Your partner name on both your partner account with HubSpot and the ACH/Wire Form must match. Step-by-step instructions can be found here.
- If you are located in a region where your customer Revenue Share may be subject to VAT/GST/JCT, you will need to submit a VAT/GST/JCT invoice every quarter to receive your Revenue Share. To send an invoice, fill out this form and select "Document Submission" as the Request Type.
- If you are a Partner in Colombia, you will need to submit additional documents to receive your Revenue Share, including: RUT, Bank Certificate, Social Security proof of payment document (if applicable), and a quarterly invoice.
- To submit the documents above, fill out this form and select “Document Submission” as the Request Type. To submit the invoice, email firstname.lastname@example.org, unless you are also providing a Social Security proof of payment document, in which case the invoice should also be submitted via the form.
Revenue Share payments are paid out quarterly, approximately 45 days after the quarter ends. If you do not provide the required paperwork in order for us to send payment to you within six months following the close of a Qualified Transaction, those Revenue Share payments will be forfeited. Please review Section 5 of the HubSpot Solutions Partner Program Agreement (HSPPA) for more information on Revenue Share and Payment.
Once a Qualified Transaction is finalized (a valid Shared Deal closes with a POI), you become eligible for Revenue Share. As outlined above:
- Partner Revenue Share is equal to 20% of the monthly recurring Net Revenue and is paid for up to three (3) years. Existing Partners who joined the program before February 21, 2023 and are being paid Revenue Share will be subject to the legacy plan for any deals that were closed before April 1, 2023. Please see the legacy plan details here. Please note, this legacy plan does NOT apply to any Qualified Transactions closed by a Partner that joined the program on February 21, 2023 or after, or on any Qualified Transactions closed after April 1, 2023.
For more information about Partner Revenue Share, please review the Understanding Your Partner Commissions and Rules of Engagement pages.
Register deals for your current and prospective clients:
Deal registration is intended for your current and prospective clients only. Partners should only register deals on domains that they have established a demonstrable business relationship with, and who they are actively approaching and engaging with in pursuit of a sale.
For relevant terms on registration and eligibility requirements, please also see “Section 4: Qualified Transactions” in the HSPPA.
It is important to familiarize yourself with all HubSpot Solutions Partner Program Rules of Engagement.
Understand program entry requirements:
Partner Level: To become a HubSpot Solutions Partner, you need to purchase at least one Subscription to a HubSpot Professional Product (i.e. Sales Hub Professional, Service Hub Professional, Marketing Hub Professional, CMS Hub Professional, and Operations Hub Professional all count). In the event that your Subscription with HubSpot is no longer active, you will be removed from the program.
Why? We find that Partners who use our software are also the most successful at selling their services tied to it. We want all of our Partners to be set up for success, which is why we've made this a program requirement.
Familiarize yourself with the HubSpot Event, Press and Branding Guidelines.
You are able to promote your partnership through your certification or tier badge.
Please note that HubSpot and INBOUND are trademarked terms. Please ensure you review and follow the guidelines for using these trademarked terms located above.
Training & certifications requirements
We have a number of training and certifications available as part of the Solutions Partner program, located in HubSpot Academy under Partner training.
In order to publish your profile in the Partner Directory you must pass a minimum of one HubSpot Certification.
In order to become a tiered Solution Partner you must pass and maintain the Partner Certification.
Certain training sessions and certifications unlock additional opportunities under the program, such as the CRM Implementation Certification.
Stay up to date with the program
Visit the partner resource center located under the “Partner” drop-down in your HubSpot portal to find resources.